RICKY TELLS THE TALE OF HIS RISE

..



Hello, I am Ricky from Kronos Productions and thank you for downloading this free document I made for you. It was made to help you succeed on the marketing part of music because I realized that producers are having trouble with this part of their music career.


Who am I and how can I help you?


I am a music producer that goes by the name of Ricky and I have been producing for the last 6 years. Of those 6 years I have been selling beats for a short period of time but, I was able to have success when I started to understand how social platforms like Instagram worked. I was always frustrated when I finished my beats because I never knew what came after finishing them. So, I decided I love beats so much that I wanted to start selling them and I ended up failing miserably at that. After one year of failing to sale any beat, I realize that my tactics were not working. That is when I decided that I needed some guidance and major help from professionals that know how to make money from selling beats. So, from there I started taking courses from professionals who made real money off beats and knew exactly how to get success from these platforms! After taking the courses, I started to understand how social platforms like Instagram can help you make a living off your beats! I also realized how important marketing is and how essential it is today for your music brand. Without marketing you will never get to sell any of your beats or make a name for yourself as a music producer. After changing my tactics by posting content every day and dming producers which lead me to help other producers in their music. I was able to build a following to 10k on Instagram and sell hundreds of beats in a short period of time. I feel like I finally understand what it takes to make it on social media platforms like Instagram. So today I am here to tell you what to post and what not to post. The importance of short videos vs longer videos and other things that will help you get more exposure on Instagram. So, let us get started!


The reason why you should post everyday


First, I want to talk about the goals of posting every day and why you should do it!

1. The reason why you see people with a tremendous following post every day is because of one word, Algorithm.


• Algorithm: is a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer. Basically, this means that the higher your Algorithm is, the more your post will be shown to other people. This is how a post goes viral and this is how Tik Tok really won in the social media game. Tik Tok was able to let your post go viral regardless of your following. If you post a video that was entertaining, then it will be shown in someone else feed. Even if you only had 10 followers, Tik Tok would show your feed to everyone which can give you free exposure, but you get the point right?



So, what does this have to do with you posting every day?

Posting everyday actually raises your chances on having a higher algorithm and it opens the door for you to getting more comments, views, and likes. This is the reason why I post every day because every time I post I have a chance in raising my algorithm for my post. This allows me to have people that do not follow me to see my post and raise my chances to spread the word of what I teach. I also realize that the less you post the lower your algorithm goes each day. Therefore, I see people with many followers but only post once a week which leads to them getting less attraction on future post.

2. The second reason why it is important to post every day is because you want to show people that you understand what you are doing and that you take what you do seriously. 

Before someone buys what you are selling, they will always see your page as verification before buying anything. Producers are always telling me that my page is gold for them and that they want to learn more from me which is why they trust me when they buy my beats or documents. People want to see a nice portfolio and when you do see that then, you are building trust with people. Doing this will also show people that you understand what you are doing and that you take what you do seriously.


Therefore, it is important to post good content every day because this will help you out with the algorithm.

Post With high comments + High View Count = High Algorithm


What should you post on Instagram?



1. Tutorials: So, we want to show people that we actually know what we’re doing in the studio 

....but you posting your beat every day is not showing that! This is the wrong to post every day! Instead of posting that all the time, you should post questions and ways to help other music producers. So if you make beats then why not show other people how you made that beat because what ends up happening is that person might want to support your music and by that support he or she just might buy your beat! This is one of the ways I was able to get my beats sold but that is not only what you should post.

2. Twitter or Facebook Screen Shot’s

You should also take advantage of twitter and Facebook questions. What I realize or what I notice that does well is asking questions to let other people get involve with what you have to say. I am always posting screen shots of twitter and asking questions for people to get involved in! This also let’s you connect with people and let’s you figure out who is actually watching your post. Once I figure out who comments on my post, I start to dm them right away and start building a relationship with them which is key to any brand. This is probably how you are going to get the most comments on a post and realize what you should be working on! You can ask a simple


question like “How can I help you reach that next level in your music” Then you can caption it with “Let me Know” From there you will see more attraction and you will start getting bigger results on your page!

3. Instagram Reels:

 If you see my content, then you see me doing 1 second videos of me just asking questions on my reels. Reels are the way Instagram is trying to compete with Tik Tok which is giving your videos the exposure your music brand needs! It is literally pushing those videos in front of people's faces but understand this...

Shorter videos are getting more exposure because they are getting replayed repeatedly. Therefore, I go for the shorter videos with a call to action as well. A call to action is basically asking questions so other people must interact on your post! So, I ask a lot of questions like " How can I help you on the marketing side of music?" Question like these really gets people to interact with your post and helps you understand what producers need! Therefore, I offer documents like these because I know what producers need help with which is the marketing side of music.

Also getting any comments on your post is going to boost your algorithm because people are now interacting with your post.


5 second videos + replay time because people are watching your video over and over = Your video landing on other people's feeds (High Algorithm)


4. Funny Post: 

Finally, I do like to post personal stories about myself or even funny post. I use to think this was silly and I should not do it but I realize people do want to understand you outside the music. Therefore, I believe music is not only about the music! I posted a picture of me holding a glass of wine at a restaurant the other day and caption it " I'm drunk" At first it felt unprofessional but then I realize how much it showed that I can be a fun person too! I also realize that just posting a lot of content about helping other producers is not always fun to watch so why not just post something laid back and easy?

The whole point here is that you can be professional and have fun too because we all understand music is hard work but why not show a fun side to yourself or a meaningful side that no one has seen before. Now let us go over what you should not post!


Summary


1. It is up to you, but I do believe that posting every day is key to building followers, trust, and relationships which will end up leading you to having a strong successful brand.

Remember: 

Post With high comments + High View Count = High Algorithm


And


Not posting everyday = Little to no comments + low view count = Low Algorithm


2. Post Content that is related to your music brand because the last thing you want to do is confuse new people who see your page. Also when it comes to closing a sale, you will want your page with many post showing that you are serious about what you do and that you are reliable when it comes to music services!

3. Shorter videos = More views because people will be watching them repeatedly which = High Algorithm

4. Go ahead and post something from time to time that shows who you are because people want to know what you are outside of music!

5. One meme might be cool to post from time to time, but you want to make sure people are on your page to see your content and not just there to watch a bunch of funny memes!

6. Also make sure you are putting content that is yours and not someone else’s. You want to put out good content like tutorials or ways to help producers with their music. (Not some other videos other people have made)

7. Finally make sure you have posts that define who you are and what you do! If you are a music producer that sells beats, then show other people how you make them. Stick to brand and do not talk about something else that has nothing to do with your brand unless it is who you are outside of music. (Sticking to brand can show people that you are a person serious about what you do and you have good content to back that up)


I hope this helps and if you have any questions dm on 

instagram @ Kronosproduction

- Your Friend Ricky from Kronos Productions


Guilty Grievance BEATS.BLOG | by JACOBTHEWILLIAM